Why are the Belgian Offshore Days postponed?
- The health and safety of all our participants (exhibitors, visitors and staff) is our number one priority and we are concerned by the escalation of the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe and worldwide.
- Belgian authorities ordered a full-scale lockdown as from 18 March 2020 : non-essential shops as well as school had to close, and events had to be cancelled.
When will the postponed event take place? And where?
- When: 25 & 26 November 2020
- Where: Ostend Sea P’Lace Ostend, Belgium
Is the Event being postponed due to a Force Majeure Event?
- Yes, the COVID-19 pandemic is certainly unprecedented, outside our control and is interfering with our obligation to hold the event. We are also listening to the continually evolving Government, WHO and Public Health advice.
What if the Covid-19 situation is unchanged or worse later in the year?
- We have considered this possibility and chosen a date which provides a better chance of us being able to deliver the event and avoid more disruption. However, the Covid-19 situation continues to be dynamic and we will constantly monitor the situation and take the appropriate actions accordingly. We are hopeful that travel confidence will have been restored by the revised event dates.
Why have you not just cancelled the 2020 event?
- Feedback from exhibitors and visitors is that they very much want the event to go ahead this year and, as organisers, we want to be able to deliver the expected value to those organisations.
What happens to my participation costs/ payments already made?
- All the invoices paid to Belgian Offshore Cluster in relation to the event will be applied to the postponed event.
- Any payments outstanding or new, in respect of the event will need to be paid.
Do I have any further claims against Belgian Offshore Cluster due to the postponement of the event, e.g. cancellation costs for hotel, stand builders, flights, freight, etc.?
- Belgian Offshore Cluster will not be liable for any loss or costs incurred by exhibitors for hotels, flights etc. as a result of the postponement. Please contact your suppliers directly.
- Cancellation of the stand will lead to a cancellation fee of 50% of the total cost.
Is the floorplan staying the same?
- The floorplan is staying the same. You will have the stand you booked before.
Who do I contact for further questions?